Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FDA's Marketing Crackdown

There has been a lot of news about the FDA cracking down on drug makers advertising direct to consumers, which is either a) poor ethical behavior or b) an indispensable way to educate the marketplace, depending on your biases.  I tend to lean toward the former.  Anyway FiercePharma has been following this issue closely, and has an item here worth checking out.

I read this blog from Steven Grossman called FDA Matters, which I found via GxP Perspectives.  The whole FDA is covered not just drugs, so I pick and choose the articles within my wheelhouse. Take a look.

I have a few more speaking engagements coming this year:  Managing CRO Partnerships in London October 4-5, and MAGI West in San Francisco October 24-27.  See the sidebar for links and details.

Also I will be moderating a panel at Astia's Silicon Valley Doing It Right session in San Francisco November 5.  Astia is a program that provides resources and training for women entrepreneurs in life sciences, technology and clean tech.

The fall term starts at UC Santa Cruz extension today; 10 weeks of GCP class.  It's not too late to sign up.

No comments: